Thursday, September 26, 2013

"Vigilantes" by Christian Salinas review

In film class, I believe in the first week, we watched everybody's stop motions. One of the films that REALLY caught my eye was Christian Salinas' film "Vigilante". He describes the film as "Simple, but stylish". He said that when he first started filming his stop motion, he was really going for a "comic book, action kind of look". If you ask me, I think he really achieved that look. The film was action packed with masks, fighting, and knife throwing. My favorite aspect of the whole film was the coloring. Klyde Warren Park, where he filmed the stop motion, had very vibrant colors. It was evident he shot it during the "golden hour" as I call it when the sun starts going down. The sky was a beautiful blend of pink and orange and the city lights shown faintly in the background but provided a nice contrast. The story line was really clear and it was easy to follow the plot and characters. The music he chose for it was very fast paced and was reminiscent of an 80s video game. I LOVED the blend of all of these factors, making Christian's film stand out to me among the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment