Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sasquatch Of The South documentary treatment

My documentary is something I've really been putting a lot of time and thought into. Ihave so many ideas and I keep changing things around because I want it to be perfect. One thing that has always remained true is the searching of Big Foot in rural Texas land. The thing I think I am most proud of was making the choice to film sections of my film using a crummy camcorder instead of my Nikon D-90. I did this so the audience would be able to differentiate between what parts are film by me, and what parts are filmed by the videographers and researchers trying to find the sasquatch. I have decided to entitle it Sasquatch of the South. I've been really experimental with filming in different types of weather. Especially since the weather has been different every day since I started filming. I incorporated this into my documentary saying that "Sasquatches are more prominent in only certain types of weather." My documentary is reflexive so a lot of my inspiration has come from This Is Spinal Tap. A little more of my inspiration has come from Snow On Tha Bluff. I felt my documentary was lacking the gritty, amateur feel I was striving for, so I incorporated elements from some documentaries to involve in my own short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment